Assist in monitoring, assessing and planning of charitable Water,Sanitation and Hygiene Programs in Kenyan primary schools
Position: Program Coordinator (Contract Position)
Employer: NGO involved in capacity building in education sector
Ref No: SGK-PC-04-2017
Job Category: Management
Date Posted: 21/04/17
Our organization is a registered charitable organization in Australia. We are dedicated to enhancing the health and education of school children in developing countries through sustainable programs and accountable partnerships.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible to assist in the monitoring, assessing and planning, of our charitable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Programs, in Kenyan primary schools .
The ideal candidate must have a passion for assisting
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience related to developmental programs geared to sanitation and hygiene.
- Working knowledge of WSH Program requirements and applicable building codes.
- Strong verbal ability and written communications skills (English and mother tongue).
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently and remotely using email and social media.
- Understanding of the Kenyan educational system and the non-profit sector.
- Be characterized as honest, energetic, accountable, patient and attentive to detail.
- Ability to take clear and relevant photographic images aligned with the Charity’s Branding Manual.
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable means of transportation.
- Part-time, approximately 24 hours/Kenyan primary school term, a contract position referred to as an Independent Contractor.
- Required to sign a 3 month Probationary Agreement with the Charity, possibly leading to a 1 year extension Agreement that would be renewable at the end of each school year.
- Be stationed in our station in Central Kenya.
1. Ongoing Communication:
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication with all affiliated Kenyan schools through personal school visits, email and mobile phone conversations.
- Participate in weekly conference calls to update the overseas partners.
- Remain in communication with all stakeholders throughout each school term in order to monitor, advise and assist each school’s Water,Sanitation&Hygiene Development Plan.
- Prepare written end-of-school-term summary reports.
2. Monitoring, Assessing, Planning (MAP):
- Thorough inspection of school Water,Sanitation&Hygiene projects funded by the Charity – including latrines, hand washing stations, water harvesting tank, soap making.
- Offer recommendations for improving school sanitation and hygiene.
- Assist in planning and implementing new school Water,Sanitation&Hygiene projects.
3. Ambassador for the Charity: (Brand Ambassador):
Promote the Charity’s culture and programs to all stakeholders through:
a) Regular communication that is both welcoming and supportive in tone as well as detailed in substance.
b) A thorough, consistent yet nonthreatening implementation of MAP.
c) The use of the Charity’s website, social media channels, brochures.
d) Adopting and eliciting the charity’s brand persona of sincerity in order to increase awareness of the organization, its programs and inspire supporters and donations.
Salary: A Compensation Package geared to qualifications and experience.