Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Reporting to: Head of Programs & Operational Management
Department: Branded Reseller
Role Purpose: She/he will Play a critical role in the “on boarding” of Branded Resellers. Once initial relationships have been established with a branded reseller and an MOU and NDA are in place a Project Manager will be assigned by the Head of Program Management, and will be responsible for taking charge of the next phase from MOU to Launch.
Their role will be to formalize with the partner a joint project plan which identifies all the key activities, deliverables, timescales and resources necessary to deliver and launch the branded reseller into the market.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formalise with the partner a joint project plan which identifies all the key activities, deliverables, timescales and resources necessary to deliver and launch the branded reseller into the market
- Ensure that all branded reseller project deliverables are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinating and chairing regular technical and commercial project meetings
- Use standard project methodology and tools to track progress against deliverables, clearing and resolving issues and reporting to senior management
- Make decisions necessary for the timely completion of the project
- Perform risk management and mitigation to minimize project risks
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Enforce quality gates in all the projects and programmes within the domain
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation throughout the project
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Telecommunications or other related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in managing projects within the Telecommunications industry
- Must be a fully qualified and accredited project manager
- Solid project management experience and qualifications are a pre requisite.
- Experience with Mobile Financial Solutions would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Familiarity of managing projects in a technical environment is also absolutely critical.
• Initiative and Hand on
• Ability to work long hours to meet deadline
• Team Player
• Ability to work without supervision
• Results oriented
• Good interpersonal skills
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position. Application should be sent by latest 28th April 2017, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply via the Apply Button and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.