We invite applicants who are performance driven, with excellent transferable skills and a demonstrable track record of achievement in past roles to ap
QHSE Manager: Supply Chain
Reporting to the QHSE & Facilities Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following key result areas:-
- To manage the QHSE aspects and audits for Supply Chain in terms of governance and compliance with regard to operational implementation and procedural control
- Ensure that all safety, health & environmental issues are managed at all times while fulfilling the requirements of all the regulations applicable by National and International laws.
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans that ensure corporate sustainable development as well as provide for a safe and secure business operation
- Enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time injuries are kept to a minimum.
- Carry out periodic facility audits to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Lead the accident/incident investigation and reporting.
- Ensure that all damage claims are handled while fulfilling the requirements of all the regulations applicable according to national and international laws
- Ensure that emergencies are handled in compliance with the local and international laws
- Set objectives within overall company guidelines and provide direction in achieving the key results that fall within the functional area.
- Audit, analyze and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organization’s environmental risks and financial costs;
- Take a lead role on corporate social responsibility issues and actions
The applicant should possess the following qualifications:-
- 5 years' experience in a similar environment
- Completed two Q-HSE internal audits
- Degree in Engineering, environmental safety or a related field.
- Industrial hygiene and safety technology courses.
- Training on hazardous materials management.
- NEBOSH — International General Certificate
- OSHAS 18001 Lead Auditor
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
- ISO 22000 Internal auditor
- Management skills
- Quality Management software (Achiever Plus and Q-Pulse)
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV including details of 3 professional referees, daytime telephone contact and stating current and expected salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted