Provide technical support and be the main point of contact for IT related issues at Regional Office.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) provides Relief and Development services in the East Africa & Yemen since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmes include protection, livelihoods, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. In addition to this, we have two regional platforms hosted in Nairobi, Regional Mixed Migration and Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat. The regional office supports seven counties including Yemen, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Provide technical support and be the main point of contact for IT related issues at Regional Office and is responsible for planning, development and implementation of hardware, software applications, programming and systems network & integration of a management information system. The position has linkages with country IT Officers, HQ IT staff and provides support and training to countries as and when required.
- Function as the main point of contact for IT related issues in the use of computers, software and other communication equipment
- Design, develop and maintain computer networks
- Provide technical advisory services in relation to new networking or appropriate technology for office use
- Troubleshoot/diagnose problems and react accordingly
- Advise and instruct staff (users) on IT best practices, internet and e-mail usage and appropriate course of action where problems are encountered
- Liaise with Regional IT Manager on IT equipment, repair and replacement
- Regular inventory update and tracking of IT equipment and software in use
- Carry out on the job training for staff as required.
- Carry out computer audit trails
- Perform preventive maintenance services of IT equipment and peripherals as needed
- Interface with users to identify computer related needs and provide appropriate software/hardware support applicable to those needs
- Support release of information relating to systems upgrades and changes to processes
- Monitor DRC offices links utilization to ensure optimum services availability
- Liaise with the Regional IT Manager regarding issues/faults in a timely manner
- Oversee the Regional Office computer networks to ensure that they function smoothly
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters located at the Regional Office remotely
- Plan and support network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems
- Document network problems and resolution for future reference
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
- Oversee software and network security.
- Monitor bandwidth utilization amongst the users
- As required, provide networking and internet services upgrade solutions
Backup, Antivirus & Security
- Perform backups as scheduled and ensure data integrity
- Configure centralized antivirus admin kit and ensures antivirus program is up-to-date
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, and anti-virus, anti-spam
- Maintain high systems availability and redundancy
- Work closely with Regional IT Manager to maintain system performance and react pro-actively to issues to maximize uptime
- Continually perform preventative maintenance
- Assist with system upgrades and rollouts
- Maintain high availability of servers
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly report of the IT occurrences to the Regional IT Manager.
- Analysis of communication bills and implement the necessary controls in the office
- Perform any other IT related assignment allocated within the specified time
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other related field from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an IT support environment
- Experience of working with networked computing systems/windows TCP/IT networking experience
- Experience working with LINUX servers
- Knowledge of and competence in Microsoft operating system and office suite
- High level of hardware/software trouble shooting experience
- Able to work under harsh and extreme conditions, good judgment and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a customer-focused, motivated and pro-active approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, and fluent in spoken English and Kiswahili
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills with ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in a difficult work environment
- Ability to travel regularly to field locations
The Regional IT Officer reports to the Regional IT Manager.
Duty Station: Nairobi
Contract: 8 months with possibility of extension. National terms and conditions apply in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.dk
Application and CV
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.dk under vacancies no later than 30 April, 2017.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com