Are you an ambitious sales professional to work in a brand new division in a well established organisation? Do you love working with little oversight in a team focused department? Would you like the opportunity for rapid growth?
Orbit has defined a new Commercial Division which is accountable for driving the growth of the organisation. As a result, it is looking for a Relationship Manager to own the relationships with a number of their clients and drive new business opportunities within the Kenyan market. The successful candidate will be accountable for the sale of the manufacture of finished products.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious sales professional to work in a brand new division in a well established organisation. One who loves to work with little oversight in a team focused department. The department offers the opportunity for rapid growth. The successful candidate will undergo three months training on the Orbit Chemical Industries’ business.
Fulfillment - account management
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders of the businesses within your portfolio; this is to effectively fulfill the strategic direction agreed upon between the Commercial Department’s senior leadership and the businesses
- Build relationships and coordinate with individuals within the organisation to obtain their support in various stages of the fulfillment process
- Proactively and appropriately manage the expectations of key stakeholders within your organisation and client businesses with respect to the fulfillment of forecast orders on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Leverage relationships built to mitigate and resolve, risks and issues; including debt collection
Optimise existing portfolio - consultative selling
- Understand the businesses with your portfolio to pre-empt client needs in line with Orbit Chemical’s ability to manufacture finished products
- Understand the businesses within your portfolio to identify additional partnership opportunities with respect to the manufacture of finished products
Expand existing portfolio - lead generation
- Identify, critically evaluate and rank leads; to focus on those with the potential to turn into sales
- Develop and present proposals to potential clients with the aim of closing a deal
- Propose new finished products or product adjustments based on failed leads and feedback from the market
Does this sound like you?
- Have minimum 4 years’ experience in B2B sales; FMCG preferred
- Have account and business relationship management experience
- Have experience in Kenyan markets
- Aligned to Orbit’s company mission
- Have an appreciation for a start-up environment, ‘roll-up sleeves’ attitude and entrepreneurial
- A critical thinker, adaptable, proactive, persistent, curious, detail oriented, challenges boundaries and delivery focused
- Have strong interpersonal, negotiation, project management and communication skills