The Senior Business Analyst provides
strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this
position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth
understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and
the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to
understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
Capital Ventures is one of Kenya’s leading financial services firms focused on providing Audit & Assurance, Advisory and Tax services
Our primary strategic goal is to create value for our clients and deliver a competitive advantage to their operations.
Our blend of international and Kenyan expertise is fundamental to the high quality of advice and assistance that we offer.
As elsewhere in the world, CV uses the benefit of its hands-on experience to provide a strong level of local understanding and support, in accordance with the international professional standards of the worldwide organization.
With over 50 employees we stand firm on our commitment to provide highly qualified professionals to assist private companies, public institutions with our first-hand knowledge and expertise-within Kenya and internationally.
This is a permanent and pensionable position with a competitive salary according to Kenyan living standards as well as a medical cover.
Our company operates on an international level and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race or colour. However, due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The list acquired from this particular job posting will be used for evaluation of the above job position and stored in our database for use in case other opportunities arise. All those interested in the position should apply before the set deadline.
Capital ventures will respond to all applicants via email and contact shortlisted candidates via the same channel. Please keep up to date with your email notifications.
Ensure you state your ability to meet the above position in an elaborate and precise manner.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-toend to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from leading small to midsize projects to assisting other project managers on larger more complex projects related to operational business functions that affect team members and providers at the market level.
This position reports directly to the IT Manager and Advisory head.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- Support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a Communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written Communication methods (for example, emails, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, executive updates, task lists, updates) to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior management, Customers, technical staff)
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or reengineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation
- Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations
- Assist with and test implementation for all payer and vendor relationships to ensure data transfer collection, quality and reporting relationships are working appropriately down to the market level to ensure market team member and provider experience is appropriate
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
- Create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
- Meet with project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
- Develop and execute test plans
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements
- Diploma or degree in IT related field with 3 or more years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in operations and maintenance is required
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & Communication skills
- Understanding of Indices, fundamentals and analytical data, returns level data etc.
- Data analysis – Must have proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Physical: This position will normally involve long hours in the office developing the required systems as well as some hours spent on the filed visiting clients for better insight on customer specifications.
- Technical Understanding
- Problem Solving
- Client Management
- Business Operations
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and have the required qualification, skills and experience, kindly send a detailed 2 page CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position. Ensure you state the job title SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted