The incumbent shall be responsible for offering technical and hands-on solutions and support various systems, services and technologies.
Fireside Group is a leading engineering company with specialisation in Telecommunications, Electromechanical, and Civil engineering services.
The job holder will provide technical and hands-on solutions in Network Support Solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage multi-site enterprise networks.
- Manage and maintain technical relationships with the customer and work closely with their technical resources.
- Create and maintain logical and rational network IT environments.
- Support network infrastructure and work to deliver client agreed on work packages and objectives.
- Provide desktop and end user support including training
- Utilise and develop processes and procedures to monitor, diagnose and solve critical network challenges in the field.
- Be responsible for maintaining the stability of network communications, and analysing and solving network outages, or routing issues.
- Define, collect, and publish network operation metrics and service level reports.
- Employ logical approach in problem-solving
- Certification in CCNA, CCNP and Microsoft (MCITP, MCSE, MTA, or MCSA).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related subjects
- At least 1 year of experience in systems, network, and Desktop/ Server support
- A very good knowledge of Layer 1/Layer 2/Layer 3 technologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good time management
- Proven customer service & communication skills
- Good understanding of MPLS/VPLS, subnets and IP address allocation.
- Knowledge of current routing, VRF and VLAN configuration
- Hands-on knowledge of configuring and maintaining routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Experience with cellular and wireless communications (GPRS/EDGE 3G, 802.11x).
- Software and hardware installation, configuration, integration and support to network devices and equipment.
- Good understanding of current network architectures and productivity solutions for business.