Incumbent plays the important role of working with clients to ensure a frictionless, consistent, and efficient user experience on the Mobile platform
Interested candidates should send a short cover letter and CV with [USER SUPPORT] in the subject line. Please ensure that your CV includes at least 2references that can attest to your qualifications. Note that applicants MUST send a personalized cover letter to be considered. The deadline to apply is 10 April 2017.
About Echo Mobile
At Echo, we are building a world-class web platform that gives organizations powerful tools for communications, engagement, and real-time monitoring. Our clients range from small social enterprises and NGOs, to international corporations, government programs and development agencies. Current clients include the Kenyan Ministry of Education, UNICEF and M-Kopa.
Through our platform, Echo clients engage 1.8 million people in hundreds of thousands of interactions a month. While they use the platform for a diverse range of needs such as customer support and program monitoring, all of Echo's users share a deep need to understand and interact with the people they work with.
The Echo Platform leverages an increasingly rich array of mobile channels, including toll-free SMS, interactive voice response (IVR), USSD, as well as smartphone apps and social media.
We continually invest in the functionality and ease of use of the core platform, and identify how we can maximize the value we offer to the impactful organizations we serve.
Echo’s User Support Specialist plays the important role of working with clients to ensure a frictionless, consistent, and efficient user experience on the Echo Mobile platform. This involves assisting with training of new clients, troubleshooting with existing clients, and ensuring that all users are maximizing the value received by using the Echo platform. This role will report to the User Support Lead.
- Handle incoming support requests from Echo Mobile clients made via live chat, email, phone, and Skype during business hours.
- Help clients with platform navigation issues including basic requests, feedback on platform bugs or general suggestions for improvement
- Use Echo Mobile’s customer relationship management system to document all pertinent user identification information, nature of support request and response to request.
- Escalate requests as needed to other members of the team.
- Contribute to Echo Mobile’s help documentation and frequently asked questions database as new questions arise from users.
- Follow up with clients upon issue resolution
- Train new users on how to use Echo Mobile’s platform
- Work with sales team to create use-case demonstrations and promotional materials
- Liaise with User Support Lead in building existing knowledge base articles for end users.
- Liaise with User Support Lead on unique use case setup requests from clients.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related IT fields
- Experience in training and/or customer support is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, great phone etiquette, excellent writing ability, and a special interest in understanding and improving technical usability
- A fundamental understanding of marketing and mobile technology
- Exposure to research, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies is very useful.
- Strong, proven time management skills to enable management of multiple clients, requests, and projects simultaneously
- An eye for user friendly user interfaces and a passion for web-based technology
- Strong work ethic and the ability to learn multiple technology platforms quickly
- At least 2 references that can attest to your skills and motivation to succeed
Bonuses (these will set you apart, but are not required)
- Prior experience working with a team of engineers / developers
- Technical skills such as basic web design, data analysis, fundamentals of software development, etc.
Terms & Compensation
Competitive benefits and pay package.