Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Chamasoft is a book keeping tool for Investment Groups, commonly known as Chamas in Kenya. It automates the operations of these groups, eliminating the need for complex Excel sheets and bulky write up, there by making the work of financial book keeping within the group easier.
User experience and User interface Designer Jobs at Chama Soft
The user interface and user experience designer will be responsible for how the product feels, product layout, product workflows.
The UX and UI designer will define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications.
He/She will also Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders.
He/She will Work with our product development team to incorporate the visual identity of Chamasoft into features.
He/She will develop and maintain design wireframes, mockups, and specifications as needed.
He/She will also Own all facets of design: interaction, visual, product, prototyping. Create pixel-perfect mocks and code for new features across web and mobile
Reports to: Product Manager
Type: Full time
What we are looking for
We are looking for a user experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement.
The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
We desire a designer whose work is clean, modern, inspiring, and above all else, empathetic; A team player with experience working across interaction, UI, visual, and motion design.
Mastery of all four of these disciplines isn’t necessary, but we prefer designers who can take on multiple aspects of a single project.
UX and UI Designer Job Duties and responsibilities
- Design elegant and delightful product experiences as part of an integrated Engineering, Product, Design, and Research team
- Identify and articulate user needs, build prototypes to test internally and through user research, and refine solutions in the face of data and other findings
- Help define both long and short-term vision and roadmap for your product area
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the product as appropriate
Requirements for the UX and UI Designer Job
- Experience designing and building products and features for mobile or desktop, native or web
- Passion for identifying and solving real user problems
- An ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- Solid intuition and strong passion for detailed interaction design
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- A passion for Chamasoft and its potential, and a desire to reach as many groups as possible
- Two or more years of user experience design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Fireworks and associated design tools
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of common software project management practices
- Understanding of common software development practices
Desired (not required)
- Motion design ability or experience using animation to educate, engage and delight
- Strong visual design or data visualization skills
- Experience conducting user testing and/or analytical research
- HTML and CSS knowledge, current on latest responsive design techniques
- Ability to rapidly prototype your work
- Degree in Computer Science or related course
- Design – Sketching, concept creation and wire framing, producing sitemaps and user flows, creating clickable prototypes.
- Working with user research teams to plan usability testing sessions and delivers artifacts for testing.
- Using user insight, analytics, best practice, competitor analysis to inform design decisions.
- Design Specification – Delivers appropriate level of specification needed to ensure high quality development on time.
- Data interpretation – Required (with guidance) to document data from analytics sources.
- Best practice and design consistency – Researching and sharing industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences. Driving and documenting design standards and patterns across channels and products.
- Technical Knowledge – Proficient in key software tools such as Axure, Balasmique and Photoshop. Sound knowledge of web and mobile technologies
How to Apply
Send Resume to email@example.com with your portfolio indicating earliest available date