Lesson 1: An Introduction to Conflict Resolution
- What is Conflict?
- What is Conflict Resolution?
- Understanding the Conflict Resolution Process
Lesson 2: Conflict Resolution with the Thomas-Kilmann Instrument
Lesson 3: Creating an Effective Atmosphere
- Neutralising Emotions
- Setting Ground Rules
- Choosing the Time and Place
Lesson 4: Creating Mutual Understanding
- What do I Want?
- What do They Want?
- What do We Want?
Lesson 5: Focusing on Individual Needs
- Finding Common Ground
- Building Positive Energy and Goodwill
- Strengthening your Partnership
Lesson 6: Getting to the Root Cause
- Examining Root Cause
- Creating a Cause and Effect Diagram
- The Importance of Forgiveness
- Identifying the Benefits of Resolution
Lesson 7: Generating Options
- Generate, don't Evaluate
- Creating Mutual Gain Options and Multiple Option
- Digging Deeper into your Options
Lesson 8: Building a Solution
- Creating Criteria
- Creating a Shortlist
- Choosing a Solution
- Building a Plan
Lesson 9: The Short Version of the Process
- Evaluating the Situation
- Choosing your Steps
- Creating an Action Plan
- Using Individual Process Steps
Lesson 10: Additional Tools
- Stress and Anger Management Techniques
- The Agreement Frame
- Asking Open Questions