Admission Requirement for Local Students:
- Minimum statutory NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- Only applicants who meet the direct entry requirements will be considered.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least a level 3 (40–49%), Mathematics 5 (60-69%), Physical Sciences 5 (60-69%). Adults from engineering-related jobs/occupations and fields of activity with appropriate prior learning can also apply for admission.
Admissions Requirements for International Students:
- Foreign Exemption.
- English (40 – 49%) must preferably be a first additional language.
- Mathematics and Physical Sciences are Compulsory School Leaving subjects.
- Recommended subject are: Engineering, Graphics & Design and/or Information Technology.
- SPS Score of 34.
- Learners must score at least 34 points on the University’s SPS rating scale, please refer to the SPS Comparative Table in “How to apply” to calculate your score.