Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. Handling accounts payable and receivable.
2. Assisting with month-end close.
3. Analysing and reconciling petty cash, customer and supplier ledgers.
4. Ensuring debtors and creditor ledgers and accounts records are up to date and accurate.
5. Preparing payment requisitions to suppliers.
6. Preparing journal vouchers.
7. Assisting and organising debt collection and managing customer credit limits.
8. Ensuring statutory returns are prepared and paid on time, including VAT.
9. Assisting with cash-flow projections, budgeting and forecasts.
10. Assisting to develop schedules, procedures and systems to facilitate efficient workflow.
11. Maintaining accurate financial statements and ensuring all accounting records are kept organised and up to date.
12. Ensuring all internal control processes are adhered to.
13. Assisting auditors with annual audit.
14. Reviewing costs and advising on cost reduction opportunities.
15. Conducting internal system reviews, highlight internal control weaknesses and providing recommendations for improvements to management.
1. ACCA affiliate or member.
2. Experience with an ERP (preferably SAP Business One will be added advantage).
3. Excellent communication (both written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
5. Organised and capable of paying attention to detail.
6. Self-driven, flexible and capable to work both as part of a team and independently.
Ideal Employment Start Date 1 November 2020.