Key Performance Areas:
Meet or exceed the assigned sales revenue targets by:
- Locating or proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners, clients to explore and discover business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Working with technical teams to develop proposals and responses to customer RFPs or requests in a timely manner.
- Screening potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending
- Keeping abreast of relevant RFPs and ensuring knowledge of relevant activities in our target market
- Conducting Cold/Warm phone calls to potential clients to set up meetings for purpose of exploring opportunities
- Visiting clients to identify and locate new business opportunities
- Diligently follow up on all opportunities and leads to conclusion
- Carry out informal market research to understand the market and prepare appropriate response strategies with respect to the hardware and software solutions.
- Profile and analyze competitors and develop counter measures/proposals that place Carrel Technologies as the preferred provider for potential business.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Networking and Personal Development
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Any other responsibilities as may be designated by the management.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Good knowledge of ICT market in Kenya and the region
- Technical Proposal and report writing skills
- Sales Management and negotiation skills
- Business Acumen
- Marketing and product development skills
- Project management skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Rapport and relationship building abilities
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Innovative and creative
- Results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills, organizing and planning abilities
- A degree in IT or Business Related Course with at least 2 years’ experience in business development in ICT sector in Kenya and/or the region.