The Position will be responsible for preparing accounts and managing financial information. The job holder will prepare and examine financial records, assuring information is up to date and accurate as well as accounting or taxation or focus on more specific areas of the company's financial department.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Sep 23, 2022
- Maintain the overall accounting discipline ensuring that internal controls and all other financial policies are complied with. Ensure ongoing compliance with and generally accepted accounting principles and procedures and government laws and regulations.
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded and accurately entered into the accounting systems/records. Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Undertake cash and bank reconciliations - Reconcile financial transactions as required, perform bank reconciliations and prepare daily cash flow and analysis of bank balances;
- Responsible for verification of income, receivables & debtors reconciliation.
- Prepare and dispatch clients invoices and statements and respond to customer inquiries regarding their invoices;
- Perform pre-audits of all invoices and review them for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and appropriateness prior to payment in compliance with the set rules, guidelines and laws.
- Support compilation of financial information to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position; aid the preparation of entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and document business transactions.
- Assist in reconciliation and analysis of current financial status by collecting information; preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports as per set timelines for review by the Finance Manager and support monthly closing.
- Responsible for payroll preparation.
- Responsible for all statutory obligations i.e., PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, VAT, corporate tax e.t.c.
- Reconcile and analyze current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports as per set timelines for review by the Finance Manager and support monthly closing.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
- Secure financial information, files and records by completing data base backups for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Commerce or related field;
- Relevant professional qualification (CPA (K)/ACCA or an equivalent); and
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- 3+ years of practical accounting experience.
- Good financial skills and conversant with financial reporting standards like IFRS, IAS and Kenyan Tax laws;
- IT savvy and familiar with financial ERPs. Working knowledge of Tally software will be an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel skills to analyze and interpret data.
- Good analytical ability and numerical skills;
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers;
- A go-getter, detail and results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention for detail;
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills; and
- Personal credibility and of high integrity
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured