DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
Accountant 11 JG ‘J’ (4 positions)
The accountant 11 shall report to the County Director of Accounting Services and shall be responsible for carrying out accounting services in the County treasury and county departmental entities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Controlling of expenditure commitments in the Ministries/Departments;
• Initial evaluation and scrutiny of expenditure proposals and compilation of information required in the budgetary processes;
• Processing of Medium-Term Expenditure Framework and revised budget estimates;
• Budgeting of donor financed projects, reviewing of financial implementation of such projects, and monitoring commitments on expenditures;
• Reviewing Programme based budget performance indicators and subsector reports and facilitate finalization of the sub sector reports;
• Preparation and maintenance of monthly cashbooks, bank reconciliations, statutory returns reconciliation, imprest registers, fixed asset register, salary and cash advance registers, and voucher examination.
• Coordinating the preparation of sector budget proposals for departments
• Planning, directing, coordinating, supervising accounting operations in the area of deployment;
• Preparing monthly and quarterly revenue and expenditure reports and annual financial statements for audit purposes;
• Ensuring safe custody of government assets and records
• Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of quality management reports
• At least 3 years working Experience in government accounting and working knowledge of IFMIS system
• Able to work under minimum supervision, meet set deadlines
• Innovative, selfless, high level of integrity and confidentiality in handling government records.
• Must have good report writing skills and be a team player.
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline: Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or Business Management/Administration (Accounting or Finance option) and Passed CPA Part I or 11 of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examinations.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300