Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the process of receiving and posting invoices in the system with high attention to details
- Code invoices to correctly reflect expenses, funding sources, and amounts
- Prepare checks in-house, for vendors on a regular basis
- Reconcile all cash and/or bank accounts monthly
- Maintain all vendor invoice and receipt files
- Maintain all vendor contract files
- Prepare year-end reports
- Perform all other duties directed by the Program Director
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Perform regular reconciliations of ledger accounts
- Assist in researching budget vs actual variance and proposing journal entries
- Maintain the fixed asset master list
- Maintain the fixed asset depreciation schedule
- Prepare financial statements, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow, on a regular basis for review with the Program Director
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is an added advantage
- Minimum of Five years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment with strong background in account reconciliations
- Associates Degree and equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, a must.
- Experience with integrated accounting system including Sage, Payroll, AP and GL.
- Understanding and background in restricted/designated fund accounting
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly developed time management, organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task with clarity; facilitating several projects at the same time with the ability to monitor and assess one’s self.
- Awareness of others and actively looking for ways to help people, adjusting your own reactions in relation to others in order to provide exceptional service to both internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated aptitude for working in sensitive environments which require a high degree of confidentiality.
- Constantly, and consistently, maintain a posture of confidentiality at all times.
- Presents themselves in excellence in regard to appearance and conduct, projecting a professional image at all times