The Ideal candidate Must have experience in the Hospitality sector.
• Prepare timely monthly financial statements, payments and cash-flow management reports.
• Developing and monitoring the annual budget.
• Producing management accounts including commentaries to assist in timely decision making.
• Developing systems and standard operating processes (SOPs) for the finance department.
• Finance planning and analysis including cash flow analysis and forecasting.
• Project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
• Work consultatively with all departments on cost reduction and managing these initiatives.
• Tax planning, reconciliations and submissions.
• Management of foreign exchange.
• Overseeing suppliers vetting and procurement including price negotiations.
• Stock management and stock control.
• Overseeing and reviewing payroll.
• Day to day financial control activities including cash management, payments, invoicing, credit notes.
• Debtor management.
• Supervise the work of the team in the finance department.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
• ACCA or CPA Finalist.
• Minimum of five (5) years in a finance department, 3 of which must be at a senior level.
• Experience in working with the accounting system.
• Sound knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
• Sound knowledge of KRA and tax matters, as well as staying abreast of all relevant regulations.
• Good understanding of budgeting, financial analysis and forecasting.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Leadership and management skills.
• People development skills.
• Financial planning and reporting skills.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and accounting systems.