DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Provide management with advice on the financial implications of business activities; Short and Long-Term Business and Financial Reporting.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS and applicable regulatory financial rules and tax reporting
- Review of costs and advise on cost cutting areas
- Tracking payments
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Procurement and clearing of spare parts and equipments
- Managing of inventory and especially stores
- Perform any other roles / duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA K , or ACCA part 3. A combination will be an added advantage
- At least 3 year of Accounting experience handling most of the items listed under duties and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Good numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, determine priorities and organize work to meet objectives and identify and deal with problems.
- Ability to work on different aspects of the company
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Willingness to learn
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment), Financial & Accounting Systems knowledge and strong working knowledge of Advanced Excel is preferred.
Deadline for applications 27th November 2020