8. Accountant - V.NO. KCPSB/MOH-FACES/08/12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
Reports to: County Health Administrator
Location: MOH- FACES Office -Department of Health
Terms of Employment: 8 month's Contract
Gross Salary: sh. 71, 210 per month
• Holder of bachelor's Degree in Accounting or any other related discipline
• CPA K or equivalent qualification
• At least one (1) year relevant post-qualification experience in administration and accounting
• Must has worked with donor funded programs will be ad added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Organized and keen to detail
• Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft office programs (word and Excel) and internet — based applications
• Interest in working in an innovative and demanding environment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing the day — to day financial operations of the MOH-FACES program and preparing monthly payroll and it's by- products.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Work closely with the CHMT in preparing management ad partner expenditure repots as will be required
• Work closely with County health Management Team/FACES as directed from time to time
• Work closely with the Human Resource Office, FACES Coordination tam at the sub-County level and SCHMT on personnel updates
• Keenly, tactically and correctly capture monthly payroll adjustments
• Processing of salaries on monthly basis using pay plus system
• Prepare expenditure returns on a monthly basis
• Paying personal and statutory claims as regulated
• Preparation of monthly payroll and bank reconciliation
• Timely financial planning, directing, coordinating and supervision areas of control
• Verifying vouchers and committal documents in accordance with the laid down rules an regulations, ledgers, vote books
• Safe custody of program records and assets
• Ensuring security of cheques and cheque books
• Any other duties as may be assigned by CHMT/FACES Directorate
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100