• Process and reconcile Individual or corporate business accounts
• Receive and verify invoices & requisitions for goods and services
• Verify that transactions comply with financial procedures.
• Ensure complete and accurate bank reconciliation for all cash books
• To prepare monthly payrolls and ensure remittance of statutory deductions are paid on a timely basis (N.S.S.F, N.H.I.F, P.A.Y.E)
• Run invoices through the ETR machine
• Prepare payment vouchers and process cheques
• Participate in the preparation and presentation of periodic financial reports and ensure all Accounting procedures are complied with.
• Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses i.e. handling Cash, petty cash and cheques.
• Prepare Tax returns, monitor and support Taxation documentations (V.A.T, Withholding Tax, Installment Tax)
• Performing Inter account transfers
• Prepare timely management accounts and other management reports required from time to time.
• Ensure all credit customers stay within their credit policy terms and settles their dues within required time
• Provide weekly updated debtors and creditors report.
• Maintains a proper accounting filing system.
• Perform any other duties as may be prescribed by management from time to time.
Key Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum CPA (part 2) including Bachelors degree in commerce or other related business studies.
• At least 3 years experience in Accounting in a busy Set up
• Experience with computerized accounting.
• Proficiency in Accounting Packages is a MUST
• Self Driven
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Attention to details and accuracy
• A team player
• Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to maintain financial integrity of the department.