Accountant 1 POSITION
Reports to: The Principal and the Manager
Job Function: The key role of this position is to be in charge of preparing of budgets, accounts and managing financial information and preparing financial reports
Specifically the Accountant will:
• Be responsible for coordinating Budget preparation in all departments and creating the master budget for the organization.
• Be responsible for all the financial accounting activities and financial control monitoring
• Maintain and develop accounts payable and ensure receivables are collected.
• Manage all restricted funding and ensure all funds are utilized within budget and used in line business aims.
• Proactively monitor and encourage the reduction in costs and increase in savings and profits.
• Carry out financial forecasting and risk analysis.
• Ensure that account books and financial systems are up to date.
• Preparing end year accounts, ensuring they comply with laws and statutory regulations and tax requirements. Will also ensure timely publication of internal and external audits.
• Produce and review annual reports and month-end balance sheet as well as profit and loss reconciliations and reports.
• Must carry out the monthly payroll.
• Ensure excellent financial control across the organization.
• Document, implement and embed strong financial controls across the company.
• Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue.
• Involvement and support for ad hoc projects as appropriate. Collaborating with other departments to provide innovative solutions to problems and actively seeking better ways of working
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or its equivalent from an accredited and recognized University
• CPA finalist
• Experience of at least 3 years in a busy establishment
• Knowledge of understanding and working with accounting packages
• Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution. Must have strong PC skills, especially Outlook and excel, with the ability to perform basic data analysis e.g. extracting data and applying pivot tables
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
• Good time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and meet tight deadlines
• An understanding of compliance, continuous improvement and excellent customer service
• Commercial and financial awareness.
• Good interpersonal skills - Should be a flexible team player, proactive and have the ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment.