REPORTING TO: FINANCE MANAGER
Key Areas of Responsibilities
These are outlined in the following main categories
A) Book Keeping and Accounting
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards and policies.
• Compute and account for taxes owed, prepare and file tax returns, ensuring compliance with tax laws, deadlines and statutory legislation.
• Fixed Assets management and control including preparation of the Fixed Assets Movement Schedule and accounting for the Depreciation thereon.
B) Cash and Treasury Management
• Providing oversight on cash and cheque collections from customers and ensuring such receipts are recorded in the Accounting system and deposits made of the same within 24 hours
• Manage all requisitions for payments.
• Prepare all supplier payments after due reconciliation of all Supplier accounts and ensure the same are fully approved by the respective managers and Bank Signatories.
• Collaborate effectively with the Sales and Operations departments and be the lead in Credit Control to ensure the customer accounts are well reconciled and discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner to avoid delay in customer payments.
• Reviewing Monthly Statements sent to Customers and ensuring follow-up for the collections are done.
C) Financial Analyses, Control and Reporting
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
• Reviewing daily reports for Sales, Collections, and Bank Deposits; weekly Stock Reconciliations, aging of Receivables; and Monthly Sales Analyses.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts. (Make best-practices recommendations to management)
• Liaison with internal and external auditors for the smooth audits and implementation of the Management Letter items highlighted thereof.
D) Procurement and Suppliers Management
• Supervise and Direct the management of requisitions from the user departments and reconcile the summary thereof to the Purchase Orders that need to be raised.
• Ensure all Purchase Orders are appropriately approved and authorised.
• Ensure that Supplier Reconciliations are done on a monthly basis and the same reconciliation forms the basis of payments.
ACADEMIC, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Degree in BCom with finance or accounting options
• Minimum of a CPA Part 11 (Sec. 4) or its ACCA equivalent
• Strong analytical skills
• Keenness to detail
• Excellent computer spreadsheet skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Minimum 10 years of practical experience in a similar or Senior Accountant position
• Experience in the service industry is an added advantage