• Managing the budget preparation process, coordinating through the various stakeholders and ensuring that each stage is delivered within agreed timelines with guidelines and assumptions for activity, revenue pricing and staff remuneration.
• Implementing the financial systems, processes and procedures for ensuring efficient delivery of results within the Accounts division
• Minimizing exposure of tax penalties to the company through overseeing preparation of Tax Calculations and getting them audited through Tax Auditors
• Facilitating voucher payments
• Accepting and acknowledging bank deposit slips
• Ensuring that collections are done on a timely basis to support the company’s operational needs and hence a healthy liquidity position.
• Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of cost savings and revenue growth initiatives to drive the company’s profitability
• Preparing management reports
• Managing the accounts payables
• Handling petty cash and ensuring it is utilized efficiently
• Processing of payroll, uploading of the same to the bank portal and maintenance of the remuneration database.
• Filing of the necessary financial records
• Drafting the required financial correspondents
This position involves preparing the following reports:
• Preparing accurate financial reports (Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Notes to Accounts & Cash Flow Statements) to communicate the profitability and financial position of the company
• Preparing suppliers and car owners bills
• Overseeing statutory audits and resolving of outstanding issues to ensure that the audit is concluded within agreed timelines
Knowledge and Experience required for this Role
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferably in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA (K)/ACCA
• 1 year working experience in finance/accounting related role
Competencies required for this Role
• Management skills
• Problem solving skills
• Good analytical and decision-making skills