Daily Responsibilities of Accountant.
1. Cashbook. Updating the cashbook for the Bank Account on a daily basis. This includes NCBA Current account, NCBA Savings account & Equity Account.
2. Ensure that all the Debits & Credits are accurately posted into Sage on a daily basis
3. ESD reconciliation. On a daily basis, the ESD should be collected and reconciled with the previous day’s sales. Daily Sales Invoice and sales credit notes recorded in the sales summary sheet and investigate any discrepancies
4. Banking. All cheques to be banked on a daily basis. Customer Cheques received from the front office are to be posted immediately in the customer respective account. The banking slip to be filled and forwarded with the cheque to Sandip for banking organizing.
5. All bank transaction are to have their respective supporting documentation and filed respectively in their proper file
6. Statutory deductions. All statutory should be computed earlier enough for efficient payment. This includes NSSF, NHIF, VAT, PAYE & Standard Levy. VAT & Standard Levy is to be computed by the 15th of every month.
7. With online banking payments, each statutory payment should be accompanied by the relevant Payment slip E-Slip from the bank.
8. Customers Invoices. All customer invoices are to be filed monthly according to the invoice number with the latest one on the top. Faith Waiyua is responsible for the Sales invoices. Donation invoices are to be kept separate in a donation File.
9. Ensure that each Donee has provided their latest certificate for Filling & record keeping. The certificate should be valid & not Expired
10. Payroll to be properly computed with the relevant payroll journals posted into Sage. This includes the Gross Pay, Net Pay, NSSF, NHIF, PAYE, Commission, advances, loans and Sacco deductions