We are looking for an Accountant with a rich background in auditing. He or she will manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:7 years
We are looking for an Accountant with a rich background in auditing. He or she will manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. The Accountant will be responsible for the accounting and financial operations of the organization and safeguard compliance with the accounting guidelines, people management skills are a requirement as well.
• Prepare and submit financial reports including daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports, financial statements, inventory and transactional reports.
• To prepare audit reports and liaising with external auditors for annual auditing.
• Preparation of annual budgets and ability to use the budget as a monitoring tool.
• Prepare and monitor financial performance against forecasts and prepared budgets.
• Ensure statutory payments are completed and submitted on time (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE), administering VAT and processing returns.
• Update financial records by reviewing and posting various general ledger journal entries with the recent transactions and changes.
• Review documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance and reasonableness of the transaction.
• Ensure all financial transactions are properly and timely updated and recorded.
• Ensure timely and accurate posting, balancing and reconciliations of the general ledger.
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, cash, sales and all inventories and stock.
• General management of the office for instance ensuring that utility bills are serviced on time, ensure timely supply and adequacy of office supplies e.g., stationery, ink, paper; proper maintenance and safety of organizational assets.
• Assist in monitoring and management of inventory and procurement of the company.
• Creating and managing an efficient stock management plan for the company’s products.
• Proper maintenance of office files to ease retrieval of information.
• Any other task that may be assigned.
Requirements & Skills
• A Degree in B. Com; Accounting or Finance option
• CPA (K), ACCA or its equivalent
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including IFRS and IASs
• Excellent Auditing skills.
• Auditing experience is paramount
• Member of ICPAK
• At least 7 years’ relevant experience
• Proficiency in computerized accounting systems. Sage, QuickBooks
• Experience working in the retail industry e.g. supermarkets, distributors, hardware.
• Demonstrated experience with preparing budgets and forecasts
• High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured