POSITION TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
• One with an excellent level of hotel processes with a formidable knowledge on point of sales system integration with accounting software system.
• Able to pull reports and meet deadline with financial reports including profit and loss, management accounts and balance sheet.
• Must be able to interpret and advise the management on the financial position of the Company quarterly with accurately generated accounting reports.
• Must also be able to file all statutory returns within recommended timelines.
• Persons with over three years of similar work experienced are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with CPA 3 or ACCA Finalist
• 3-5 years’ experience in accounting/finance aged 35 years and above
• Must have worked in a hotel set up in the same capacity for not less than 3 years using POS system
• Experience with financial reporting requirements
• Solid Accounting Knowledge.
• Solid Knowledge in Taxation and legal framework.
• Should have an audit background
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ACCOUNTANT
REPORTS TO: MD –Sandalwood Hotels and Resorts
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Keeping books of accounts
LOCATION OF ROLE: Sandalwood hotels & Resorts HQ
1. Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
2. Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements like meeting deadline dates in filing returns
3. Analyze business costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
4. Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
5. Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts and control systems
6. Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
7. Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology
8. Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
9. Document financial transactions by entering account information.
10. Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
11. Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
12. Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
13. Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
14. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
15. Compute payroll inconformity to the company rule and government regulation
16. Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
17. Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
18. Any other duty assigned to you by the management falling within your scope of profession and finance department