REPORTS TO: Team Lead –Tax & Accounting Services
DEPT: Tax & Accounting Services
APPROVED BY: Managing Partner
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
TAX ACCOUNTANT- TAX & ACCOUNTING SERVICES
1. Provide advisory to client in resolving client KRA audits and compliance check by responding to all KRA correspondence, providing documents as requested, attend tax meetings to discuss the case and escalate challenges and proposed solutions to team lead for guidance.
2. Facilitate processing compliance certificate for clients and respond to any queries raised by KRA regarding client’s compliance status.
3. Carry out client accounting software systems training as well as develop “out of the box” solutions to handle any problems arising and give directions on internal controls.
4. V.A.T/M.R.I/T.O.T filing for clients on a monthly basis and escalate any challenges and proposed solutions to the team lead for direction to resolve.
5. Maintain books of account for clients using accounting software and perform research to know how to solve challenges encountered in the accounting treatment of peculiar transactions.
6. Carrying out review of clients’ accounting, internal controls and financial systems and give recommendations on areas of weaknesses observed.
7. Assist to carry out end of year financial audit: Preparation and compilation of end of year financial accounts for the clients and filling returns with K.R.A. and compile the audit file.
8. Offer any other accounting services that are client specific as they may be required.-payroll services, management accounts services and others.
9. Act as liaison between the clients and the firm and ensure all the client’s needs are met in time.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform any other assurance and accounting tasks that may be allocated from time to time.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a university recognized in Kenya.
• Or/and be a holder of C.P.A Part II.
• 2 year experience in an auditing firm.
• 4 year experience in a similar position maintaining books of accounts using ERP/Accouting systems, preparation of periodic management accounts and annual financial statements of a company.
• In-depth understanding of Kenya tax system, amendments in legislation that affect taxes and its implication to businesses.
• Be computer literate
• Demonstrate Personal integrity.
• Possess problem-solving skills, have attention to detail and have time perspective.
• Highly organized and able to work independently and as part of a team with minimum supervision.
• Possess good communication skills and customer care.
Salary Payable- Kes 30,000