Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions. They are seeking to hire an experienced Management Accountant responsible for analysing and presenting financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. S/He will manage the annual audit process, coordinate the annual budgeting and planning process as well as manage the vat, tax and required statutory returns, submissions and payments. The position will liaise closely with the procurement and production departments to monitor & prepare the relevant management and Cost accounting reports.
Gross Salary: Ksh80000-85000
• Financial Planning and analysis
• Preparations of timely and accurate monthly/quarterly management reports
• Perform fixed asset processing to enable reporting and Capital expenditure management
• Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of submission, this includes the following taxes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF NITA levies etc.
• Implementation of financial risk management policies of the company, which include insurance of assets and open risks, tax risk management and forex risks.
• Ensure also that the company working capital is safeguarded by maintaining adequate cash flow.
• Coordinate both external and internal audits and ensure effective implementation of audit recommendations, making of final accounts.
• Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
• Development of pricing models by analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
• Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
• Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
• Responsible to check and reconcile manufacturing variances and yields analysis and interpretation of cost variances on a monthly basis
• Prepare detailed cost reports for manufacturing, identifying key overspends and variances and identifying opportunities of improvements
• Review and recalculate raw material, finished goods and other base costs and determine impact to business by applying changes
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
• Must have a solid experience with preferably Syspro manufacturing software
• Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA , or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
• Be registered with a professional body such as CPA, ACCA.
• At least 5 years of management accounting with exposure to cost accounting in a busy Manufacturing/FMCG environment.
• In depth understanding of manufacturing
• Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
• Strong financial and accounting knowledge
• Strong consolidation knowledge and experience
• Statutory understanding (companies act and Tax)
• Financial analysis experience