Accounting Manager Responsibilities include establishing
financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information.
Ø We are also looking for someone to work closely with our financial management team.
Ø Accounting manager candidates must possess high-level accounting experience with tasks such as budget preparation and financial forecasting.
Ø They must also have experience and comfort with explaining financial data to non-financial staff, especially senior executives.
Ø They should possess thorough and current knowledge of accounting and auditing standards.
Ø Finally, they should be strategic and analytical leaders, as they will advise senior executives on major financial decisions and play an active role in setting goals for the entire department.
Ø The Senior Accountant you hire may also be called upon to manage a team.
Ø This person must be able to coordinate their department’s efforts towards complex projects involving data collection, data analysis, quality control and planning future work.
Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
· month and end-year process
· accounts payable/receivable
· cash receipts
· general ledger
· payroll and utilities
· treasury, budgeting
· cash forecasting
· revenue and expenditure variance analysis
· capital assets reconciliations
· trust account statement reconciliations,
· check runs
· fixed asset activity
· debt activity
· Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
· Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
· Coordinate and complete annual audits
· Provide recommendations
· Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
· Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
· Meet financial accounting objectives
· Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
· Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
· Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
· Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
· Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to direct and supervise
· BS degree in Accounting or Finance
Qualified Candidates are required to apply