A well-established leading retirement benefits scheme with fund value
of more than Kshs. 16 Billion and an inhouse scheme administration with
already setup secretariat is looking forward to recruit dynamic,
innovative and result-orientated individuals to fill in the following
2. Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Purpose of the Job
The position is responsible for performing financial accounting tasks related to the efficient and effective processing and maintenance of accounts payable transactions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are:
I. Operational Roles and Responsibilities
a) Review and verify invoices and related documents for completeness and accuracy;
b) Prepare payment vouchers in respect of all payments and post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records for management reporting;
c) File statutory returns for compliance;
d) Process monthly payroll on time and ensure efficiency;
e) Track expenses and prepare daily expenditure analysis and creditors reports for management action;
f) Analyse and reconciling accounts payable transactions;
g) Maintain an up to date filing system for payment for ease of retrieval and reference;
h) Respond to vendor and staff inquiries on payments;
i) Update members’ accounts for accurate monthly check-off deductions and advising employers for remittance;
Key Result Areas:
The job holder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows;
• Efficient creditors analysis reports
• Efficient expenditures reports
• Effective vendor aging analysis
• Submission of accurate, timely and relevant finance reports
• Enforcement of relevant financial regulatory compliance
• Effective turnaround time of financial related transactions
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess;
• CPA, ACCA or ACA qualifications
• Must have Two years experience in a pension Scheme Accounting
• Sound credit management skills
• Proficiency in accounting management systems
• A good understanding of finance and procurement related legislation
• Analytical and attention to detail
• Should have strong analytical skills and be result oriented
• Good communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Proven problem solving skills and knowledge on conflict management.
• Excellent negotiation skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs stating the subject heading the position being applied for and clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.