• Maintaining the cash book.
• Manage Asset register, liabilities and stock control.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly Bank reconciliation.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Analyzing expenditure and income on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Shall be instrumental in company budgeting and planning.
• Undertaking timely submission of taxes and statutory deductions and records all such payments shall be correctly filed e.g. NHIF, NSSF and PAYE.
• Maintaining good relationship with bankers.
• Advise management on methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment over petty cash payments and staff loans and advances.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with state financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
• A degree in commerce, accounting ,finance or equivalent qualification
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office especially MS Excel will be required.
• CPA or ACCA certification
• A background in accounting experience is an added advantage.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Project a positive attitude and be a team player
Experience and skills
• Fresh graduates eager to learn in a fast paced work place highly considered.
• Be a great team player and attentive to detail.
• Strong numeracy, analytical, strategy and research skills
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
• Should have good problem-solving skills
• Have good math and analytical skills
• problem Solving Ability
• Good planning organizing skills
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills