KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES, MEASURES & CONTACTS
The key accountabilities, interfaces and measures of this role are further elaborated below:
• Manage Accounts Payable team for DTT & DTH
• Ensure all Controls around payments are designed effectively to detect and prevent risks and controls are operating as designed and are effective
• Check & approve all payments & ensure they are compliant with company policies & are valid company transactions.
• Coordinate approvals of all vendor master data changes & monthly reviews of audit trails for the master data to identify any anomalies/Control gaps & ensure they are fixed in a timely manner.
• Check & ensure accurate posting of transactions into the company’s ERP systems per the company’s accounting policies.
• Ensure Vendor reconciliations are done per the company’s accounting policies.
• Continuous review of the payable processes to drive process improvement stronger controls, implement best practice & finding more efficient ways of working.
• Ensure that the company’s procurement policy is implemented & adhered to together with the
• Regular review of the Aged PO report and timely clearance of aged items per the company’s accounting policy and to mitigate any risks as regards aged POs.
• Advice the financial accountants on accruals & provisions required on a monthly basis, based on the company’s accounting policy & IFRS requirements.
• Management & Reconciliation of pre-payments accounts on a monthly basis.
• Provide Cash flow forecasts for Outflows to the Treasury Manager.
• Team Development – Coach, Train & Develop the Accounts Payable (AP) team using the company performance development tools to build a high-performance culture.
• Any other tasks as maybe required from time to time.
• Manage outsource provided in relation to day to day activities
• Communicate with vendors regarding invoices and payment due/received, resolve any invoice discrepancies
• Communicate with internal employees to secure appropriate information and approval for payment
Compliance and Regulatory
• Ensure compliance to regulatory bodies in accordance with the client needs and the organizations business plans and to be present and part of the development process when quality assurance sessions are held.
• Manage team members to ensure effective delivery of business unit objectives.
• Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
• Determine and analyze development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
• Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from HR
• Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
• Review and update the department’s organisation structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
• Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
• When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from HR when required.
• Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
• Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Improvement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
• Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
• Relevant Degree
• Part Qualified or CPA
• A minimum of 4 years’ Accounting Experience
The incumbent is required to have the following functional competencies:
• Manage external reporting and audit
• Tax Legislation & Accounting Treatments
• Determine and apply correct accounting treatments
• Customer Relationship Management
• Accounts Payable and Receivable
• Governance and Legislation
The incumbent is required to have the following behavioral competencies:
• Interpersonal Support
• Analytical Thinking