As the Admin and Finance Officer your role will be to keep the machine oiled and moving forwards smoothly.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Are you someone who likes “innovation”, “start ups” and “challenging”? Well, we are looking for someone to join us in our as we grow our brand and impact globally.
Role: Admin and Finance Officer
Our purpose is to make basic eye care affordable and accessible to everyone.
We manufacture and distribute an innovative technology that enables free eye testing and truly affordable eyeglasses to be sold/distributed to communities around the world.
Over 1 billion people globally need, yet cannot access, prescription eyeglasses. For example, of the 7.5 million Kenyans who need eyecare, only 1.6 million are able to visit an eyecare provider. This is made worse as even low-quality glasses can cost 20 USD. The impact of this is enormous. Without glasses it is challenging to earn or learn. A child without glasses is 3x more likely to fall behind at school!
Through developing a revolutionary design of eyeglasses and simplifying our lens concept, our distributors around the world are able to provide eyeglasses for 3-7 USD. The testing and assembly for each patient is done on-site within 5-10 minutes, without needing a vision care specialist. The glasses are sold through a diverse network of distribution partners in 6+ countries.
DOT Glasses is transitioning from start-up to scale up and looking for an experienced person to join our team and help guide our growth.
What we are looking for from you
As the Admin and Finance Officer your role will be to keep the machine oiled and moving forwards smoothly. You will:
• Oversee the office administration, HR and accounting.
• Assist your team to be in the right place at the right time with the tools to do the job.
• Organise the data flows within the organisation and from our partners. This includes our internal data management systems.
• Take minutes during meetings and maintain activity trackers accordingly.
• Basic stakeholder engagement and reception duties.
• Conduct procurement of office and staff supplies and licences.
This job might be for you, if you:
• Like to deal with a wide variety of tasks and learn new things.
• Like to organise and coordinate.
• Want to work in a young, vibrant and efficient start-up environment.
• Want to build a network of amazing contacts from around the world.
• Enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions.
• Would like to revolutionise an industry with a new way of providing eyecare to those left out.
• Like to actively engage in work in broader ways to help the company to succeed.
And, are someone who:
• Has proven bookkeeping and organisational abilities.
• Is adept at using technology and navigating software, including using MS Excel, generating reports from company systems etc.
• Has solid experience with business bookkeeping and HR.
• Has excellent people skills.
• Has excellent written English and Swahili.
• Is very organised, detail oriented and can react effectively to new situations.
• Is highly productive and delivers quick and quality results .
Does this sound like the job for you? Send us your CV and a one-page cover letter. Explain why you want to work for DOT Glasses and what makes you ideal for this role and DOT Glasses.
If this is not for you perhaps you know someone who this is perfect for. Please send them this job description. Thanks!
For more about DOT Glasses, find and follow us here: Website | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram
Deadline: 24th February 2023 (application review begins before the deadline)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya Gross salary: 60,000-80,000 Kshs pm
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured