Only applications received via BrighterMonday platform will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Montessori Administrative Assistant will report to the Head Teacher/Principal and have the following responsibilities:
• Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating learning environment where all children feel safe and valued.
• Establishing rapport and building relationships with student’s parents based on trust.
• Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
• Participating in school activities and accompanying students on field trips.
• Updating records on the school database and handling various other administrative tasks as delegated.
• Data entry, filing and ensuring proper documentation of all school documents
• Desktop publishing of school documents
• Support with billing, reconciliation and tracking expenses and following up all payments
• Invoicing, receipting and petty cash management
• Preparation of monthly management reports
• Participate in professional activities designated by the Head Teacher or Head of School, which may include workshops, insets, meetings, assessment, reporting to parents, planning and other professional pursuits.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a creative, diverse and fluid environment. Your qualifications include the following:
• You possess a bachelor’s degree or diploma from an accredited institution in a related field (preferably in Education, Accounting, Finance, and/or Business)
• You are a problem solver with great attention to detail, can work with little supervision, multitask, and learn quickly.
• You have exceptional written and verbal communication and listening skills
• You are comfortable working under deadlines and producing key deliverables, high attention to detail
• You have outstanding organizational, process and controls management skills
• Proven experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
• Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
• Demonstrable computer proficiency
• Passionate about alternative education.
• The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
GOOD TO HAVE:
• Experience working in a school environment preferably a Montessori school
• Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
• Familiarity with marketing and advertising
• Proficiency in QuickBooks a huge plus
This job description will be subject to regular review.
Gates and Bridges is a teacher-led, parent-powered Montessori school offering in-person, online and homeschooling learning options for children in kindergarten.
Located in Kileleshwa area in Nairobi Kenya, Gates and Bridges Academy has Daycare (1.5 - 2 Years), Play Group (2 - 3 Years) and Preschool Year 1 (3 - 4Years), Year 2 (4 - 5Years), and Year 3 (5 - 6Years).
Our classes hold a maximum of 14 students with each class having a lead teacher providing instructionn across the curriculum which includes: Math, Language, Culture, Sensorial, and Practical Life and other extracurricular activities upon request (Art & Craft, Music, Swimming and Foreign Languages).
Each child is handled individually with great attention to bring out their unique strength and abilities.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via "Apply Now Button" stating your current or most recent remuneration package.