The successful candidate will be responsible for running and coordinating the day-to-day administrative duties of the Africa’s office. This includes providing administrative support to senior managers and other units within the administration division and assisting in daily office needs. Experience working for an NGO is preferred.
• Co-ordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency & compliance to organizations policies and procedures.
• Assist in administrative duties and HR duties as required by the HR management including supporting recruitment drives.
• Receive and distribute monthly Safaricom telephone Invoices to the staff who have exceeded their limits.
• Complete quality checks for DHL and Safaricom bills on behalf of the Procurement Unit for payment processing by the Accounts department.
• Complete Travel Expense Reports for Senior Management Team on completion of an official trip.
• Assist in preparing for high-level meetings e.g. PRM Partner's meetings. This includes organizing visitor's snacks/lunches as requested & preparing materials/reports needed.
• Liaise with the property unit to ensure drivers are on stand-by to pick or drop visitors, staff, and/or equipment/supplies to various destinations as required.
• Assist the Office Manager in managing the Resource Centre ensuring that resources borrowed are returned on time.
• Schedule meetings (including virtual meetings) and meeting rooms as required on the Outlook Calendars.
• Work with the Receptionist to order and take stock of office supplies ensuring that there is always enough supply for refugee applicants & the smooth operation of the front office.
• Continuously works on finding ways to improve administrative processes.
• Maintain Office Management procedures including contact information, directions, and frequently requested organization information.
• Perform other duties as assigned which are designed and developed to improve the operations of the Africa Office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Must have at least 5 years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities is required.
• Previous experience working with an International NGO is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated strong computer skills, especially MS-Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Demonstrated written and verbal English skills.
• Committed to and conform with the organization’s mission.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of organization information.
• Team player and good problem-solving skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 99,103 (Approx. 990 USD) plus Medical Cover.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 8th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***