• Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to pre-admissions database.
• Provides patients with information by explaining hospital admission policies, time of admission, room selection, facilities, telephone availability, cell phone restrictions; answering inquiries.
• Secures payments by screening insurance information; identifying patients requiring pre-admission approvals from third-party payers; verifying approvals; notifying patient accounts department of self-paying admissions.
• Greets and receives patients to be admitted by conducting personal interviews; entering demographic and insurance information; confirming pre-admission information; obtaining signatures on legal consents and insurance forms; accepting patient valuables; distributing patient information literature.
• Verifies patient identity by checking identification; preparing and placing identification band on patient. Ensures patient’s arrival to hospital room or testing area by assigning patient beds; notifying nursing unit of patient’s arrival; calling volunteer to transport the patient to the assigned area.
• Admits emergency room and maternity patients by obtaining information from family members; visiting emergency room, delivery room, or patient room.
• Provides information to the public by answering admitting procedure, hospital regulation and service inquiries of patients.
• Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, and local requirements.
• Degree /Diploma in Businesss Administration.
• Diploma in Customer Care
• Minimum 2 years’ experience.
• Must be proficient in computer usage