10. Adolescent Peer Lead - V.NO. KCPSB/MOH-FACES/ 10/ 12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 3
Adolescent Peer Leaders (APL) are people who have demonstrated a commitment to serving their community, who are infected/affected by HIV/Aids and passionate about working with the youth.
Reports to facility in charge.
Duty Station: Rabuor Sub County Hospital, Kisumu County Hospital and Lumumba Sub County Hospital.
Terms of Employment: 8 months' Contract
Stipend: sh. 8, 400 per month
• Must have KCSE Certificate
• Must be living with HIV and provide evidence of a CCC number in a facility of enrolment and be ready to disclose.
• Must come from the community they serve
• Possess a desire to work compassionately with adolescent and young people
• Must be proficient in English, Swahili and local dialect spoken in the health facility catchment area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recruit children and teens into the program form the clinic.
• Co-facilitate bi monthly support groups sessions with youth living with HIV
• Conduct one on one psychosocial support sessions to ALHIV
• Conduct home visits and follow ups to ALHIV
• Assist caregivers and adolescent with disclosure support
• Organize and hold special events for adolescents and their families to include; art therapies, sports, social events, community outreach, day camps amongst others
• Complete programs surveys, evaluations and track progress of participants
• Assist in defaulter tracking
• Helping in enrollment of positive adolescent into care and treatment.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100