This position is responsible for achieving growth within the small-scale agricultural sector. The candidate must have at least 5 years’ relevant experience with at least 3 years’ senior managerial experience. They must also have experience within the Agribusiness sector.
• Develop and implement successful sales strategies, marketing/sales plans and forecasts to achieve departmental objectives for products and services to meet the organizations revenue target each financial year.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and set performance goals accordingly.
• Responsible for all administrative functions within the department i.e., monitoring vehicle utilization, staff work attendance, leave management and all other functions relating to staff management.
• Responsible for product repacking.
• Responsible for Amiran shop.
• Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
• Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Building and strengthening business relationships with existing and prospective customers to achieve performance targets.
• Exploring opportunities presented by the market and developing innovative products and solutions that meet customer needs. Managing the business portfolio through business development in order to achieve the targeted business.
• Developing departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets.
• Entrenching performance-based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets.
• Design, implement and review appropriate policies to guide work ethics and maintain best practice within the department.
• Plan and execute tactical sales campaigns to the highest standard, maximizing sales revenue wherever possible.
• Training, coaching and mentoring staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department.
• Participating in management meetings, projects and committees as assigned.
• Business support functions.
• Must be able to travel across the country to visit customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture will be an added advantage).
• Member of a relevant professional body.
• Any other staff management skills qualifications.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 12th February 2022.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***