Oversee the overall efficient and timely planning, coordination and delivery of own farm and out growers agricultural production in Tana River.
• Securing timely planning and budgeting to secure deliver of target production.
• Ensuring resources and inputs necessary to deliver production targets are secured and deployed in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintenance of accurate and up to date records of all operations including and not limited to
1. Crop acreage,
2, Estimated yields and harvest dates.
3. Crop management calendar/s.
4. Field expense schedules.
5. Fleet movement/expense schedules.
6. Labour schedules and expenditure.
7. Stores inventory/movement
8. Harvest and post-harvest operations.
• Preparation and submission of comprehensive reports covering field operations, labour, equipment, stores, and procurement amongst others.
• Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
• Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
• Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
• Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
• Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
• Generating reports and presenting findings to the management, clients, or other interested parties.
• Promoting products and techniques through educational presentations.
• Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
• Selling personalized consultation services to clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, and/or Agricultural related field.
• over 5 year experience in rice farming
• Farm mechanization tools knowledge
• Additional certifications may be required.
• Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
• Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
• Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
• Presentation skills are also a major plus
SALARY EXPECTED 300,000