The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the greenhouse and in charge of the Cash Crop Greenhouses. Your objectives will include the overall management of Greenhouses including the deployment and supervision of local labour, conducting comprehensive plans and calculating expected crop production per specific crop plantation in each house to maintain efficient utilization of time, space, water and other resources. The ideal candidate MUST be willing to work in Somaliland.
• Recommend appropriate nutrient products and fertilizer products to be used.
• Gather, compile, analyze and interpret test results, prepare and forward progress reports.
• Regular inspection of greenhouses to monitor proper growth and report observed anomalies.
• Ensure that application of seeding, fertility and pesticide occurs in a timely manner.
• Actively search for new opportunities that will enhance or expand the field and submit recommendations.
• Distribute a variety of information and recommendations to staff and management.
• Interpret soil and tissue tests and be able to recommend best practices for soil fertility management.
• Familiar with soil and fertilization methods and develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free.
• Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or related field.
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience in greenhouse crop production.
• MUST be willing to relocate.
• Must have good supervisory and leadership skills.
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Self-driven, focused and goal oriented.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh.55,000 – 60,000 (Approx. 550 – 600 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Deadline: 30th October 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.