Support the pilots to minimize their effort in preparing for the flight or return recovery after flight. In addition, Line Service support the Maintenance activities to operate AIM AIR fleet/aircraft.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Position: AIM Air Junior line Service Man
Africa Inland Mission International, a non-profit organization, is seeking motivated, servant hearted, devote follower of Jesus Christ interested in meeting the logistical needs of the mission community in East and Central Africa.
The primary purpose for the existence of the organization is to facilitate the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Candidates will soon realize that their positive contributions to the work of the organization will have a significant impact on this purpose.
Department: AIM Air-Operations
Nature of work: AIM Air Junior Line Service Man
Reports to: AIM Air Line Service supervisor
Job Location: Wilson Airport (AIM AIR Hangar)
1) Support the pilots to minimize their effort in preparing for the flight or return recovery after flight. In addition, Line Service support the Maintenance activities to operate AIM AIR fleet/aircraft.
2) Facilitate airside access for GCP Clients in the course of the week, weekends and Public Holidays
KEY RESULT AREAS (Highlighted in bold)
NB: Under each KRA major duties are indicated
1) Security Role
a. Be watchful for damage of properties and equipment within the hangar floor
b. Ensure you are always present whenever GCP Clients are at the hangar floor.
c. Ensure extra vigilance to safeguard the property of both AIM and GCP clients within the hangar floor
d. Locking of hangar entrances and securing the facilities after hours and on weekends following completion of duties.
2) Aircraft Movement
a. Facilitate for the safe movement and marshalling of aircrafts in and out of the hangar as required by AIM and GCP Clients
b. Be familiar with AIM AIR’s safety management system and report any safety incidents that are observed
3) Assist in Aircraft Preparation
b. Configuration of seats and assist in fueling as instructed by the pilot.
c. Provision of passenger comfort items.
d. Assist in coordinating with customs and immigration when AIM AIR aircraft arrive with no passengers or cargo.
e. Load freight and passenger baggage.
f. Assist with routine aspects of aircraft maintenance i.e. maintenance of kits.
4) Assist Bookings staff and AIM AIR Freight
a. Assist in the Preparation and filing of flight plans.
b. Assist in obtaining NOTAMs and other communication, tower, security, and customs.
c. Assist in the review, collection, and file general declarations and passenger manifests.
d. Assist passengers departing and arriving with customs and immigration requirements.
e. Assist in the preparation, loading and tying down of freight
5) General Maintenance Support
a. Assist AIM AIR maintenance, when directed, to accomplish specific tasks within and outside the hangar to include:
b. Maintenance of AIM AIR fuel inventory.
c. Routine maintenance of the hangar air compressor, aircraft towing equipment, auxiliary power units, and other equipment for the job.
d. Maintenance, general cleanliness and securing of hangar facilities with specific attention to areas utilized by the Line Service section.
NB: Any other Duty assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications/Experience & Communication Demands
• Certificate in Flight Dispatch or Operations from a recognized institute*
• Driving license and Airside driving permit
• Valid certificate of good conduct
• Security training is an added advantage
• At least 1 year’s work experience in Flight Dispatch
• Successful completion of AIM AIR initial and recurring training for the position.
*Successful in-house training with experience may currently be considered to meet certificate requirement above on a case-by-case basis.
• Professional written and verbal communication in English and Kiswahili.
Required Skills/Attributes & Competencies/ Role Expectations:
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrate aptitude for management of personnel and dispatch duties.
• Service oriented attitude
• Be supportive of the goals and purpose of AIM.
• Honest, integrity, trustworthy, God-fearing person.
• Good listening and communication skills
• Customer service orientation
• Time management
How to Apply:
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are welcome to apply through this link https://bit.ly/3pn6igD or click the "Apply Now Button"
Please note that no other method of application will be acknowledged other than the online application Form.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured