Reporting to: General Manager
Key Relationships: Internal & External
Role Purpose Statement:
Based at our JKIA Cargo Facility, this position will be responsible for the Commercial Activities of our cargo business by reaching out to agents, shippers and airline operators in cargo business. The officer must build a solid foundation internally and externally to increase volume in cargo sales and earnings as you also maintain relationships with our key clients.
The position plays a role within the commercial team, developing relationships with new contacts and airlines operators and ensuring our market share grows in volumes and earnings. To achieve this your strategies will include but not limited to marketing a modern Facility with the advantages of faster processing and on time movement of cargo to Freighters and competitive pricing.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record.
• Drive revenue generation by aggressive sales and marketing strategies
• Analyze and report on market conditions and trends to leverage the company’s competitive advantage
• Manage the day-to-day contact with airline operators,key account agents and shippers for revenue generation
• Able to conduct regular agent performance reviews
• Actively manage relationships with airline operators,shippers, key industry and trade partners
• Able to work with team of Sales to provide customer-centric solutions to customers
• Excellent knowledge of International and domestic Airlines/ Airfreight market
• Maintain and expand business in the assigned area.
• Negotiate agreements and resolves potential issues or problems with clients.
• Expands existing or current customer base
• Create awareness of all the products and services in the area to magnify market influence and generate future sales.
• Develop sales network and price structure to attain targets and increase revenues including visit to the customers.
• Implement customer service procedures to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Other administrative tasks may include some required budget assistance and payment processing,
• Strictly follow company guidelines and policies.
• Prepare Sales activities reports such as Sales performance report.
• Involve in business strategies with Sales Supervisor/ Sales Manager
• Able to do contracts, SGHAs, Tenders
Skills & Experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Experience of working to targets and deadlines
• At least 5 years of demonstrated Commercial experience at Management level within Air Cargo business with a solid knowledge of Airline Cargo Commercial activities.
• A track record of developing and leading a successful marketing and sales programs for an Airline Cargo business with a demonstrated record of success in building new revenue streams
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
• Strong analytical, report writing and problem solving skills both short-term/tactical and long-term.
• Be a well structured, a highly professional individual who is results focused.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Highly motivated, disciplined, unquestionable integrity, with passion for growth and desire for upward mobility
• Excellent customer service mindset.
• Computer Skills: MS. Word, MS. Excel, MS. Power Point, Email, Internet, Oracle base system (preferable)
• Educational Level- Degree/Diploma
• Professional Qualification; IATA Certificate in Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR)
• Air Cargo qualifications will be an added advantage
• Previous Experience in Airfreight Sales: 3-5years
• Driving License: Required