Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of MSI Reproductive Choices. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
This role will be on a fixed-term contract up to 12 months covering maternity leave.
The ALM programme has a vision of a world free of FGM/C by 2030. More specifically, this program will support and build the capacity of the ALM to end FGM/C at multiple levels and at scale. The ALM is the anti FGM/C movement and a community of activists at all levels whose efforts are complementing the work of UN agencies (such as UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme), Saleema initiative, other alliances (such as Girls not Brides, She Decides, FEMNET, Global Citizen, One Campaign) and grassroot Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), women’s and girls’ movements, etc.
This programme consists of two consortia. Options has engaged with Amref Health Africa, ActionAid UK, Orchid Project, ACCAF and University of Portsmouth to implement the ‘Support to the ALM to End FGM/C’ in cooperation with Population Council and Greenmash which is implementing ‘The FGM Data Hub: Data and Measurement Support to the ALM to end FGM/C’.
The role of the ALM Programme Manager is to manage the smooth running of a multi country, multi partner programme. The successful candidate will work directly under the Team Leader and closely with the leadership team and will be a crucial part of the team. A key task will be to coordinate with the consortium to create a detailed workplan and budget for the remaining years of the programme.
The candidate will ensure the smooth running of the ‘Support to the ALM to End FGM/C’ programme and work closely with the team from the ‘The FGM Data Hub: Data and Measurement Support to the ALM to end FGM/C’ programme.
As the ALM Programme Manager you will be responsible for:
- The effective and efficient project management of the Africa Led Movement to End FGM programme (ALM) which is funded by the FCDO and is due to run for 5 years.
- Under the guidance of the Team Leader or Project Lead you will work closely with other Options’ Departments and project teams to enable projects to be carried out on time and to budget and within Options’ quality standards of delivery.
- You will report to the Team Leader, and will be based either in the UK or in Kenya, with some potential overseas and national travel.
To be successful in this role the candidate will have:
- A Masters in a relevant subject area or equivalent professional experience.
- Significant experience of working in international development at Programme Management level.
- Extensive experience of the development and implementation of programmes.
- Experience of managing large, complex donor-funded budgets.
- Experience working in resource constrained settings and low and middle income countries.
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia.
- Experience of contracts and contracting.
- Experience of networking to build successful relationships with potential clients, collaborators and consultants.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects and other issues simultaneously.
- Self-starter, can work independently or as part of a team.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and manage work in a highly organised way.
- Excellent communicator both in writing and verbally.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Flexible attitude to work and ability to work in challenging working environments.
- Sensitive to other cultures.
- Knowledge of a spread of international donors, including FCDO, USAID, CIFF, BMGF etc.
Options offers a competitive salary, discretionary bonus and benefits including generous annual leave.
- Options is dedicated to equal opportunity for all and recognises that every individual is unique. Whilst we always seek to embrace individual differences and celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we also want to ensure that every team member is suited to their role and that they are given the best opportunity to succeed*.*
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit for a position based in the UK.
- To apply, please fill in the form via the following link:https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/options/jobs/alm_programme_manager__mat_cover_15601/en/
- Closing date for applications is: 03 August 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).