• Feeds Formulation Management- Evaluating the chemical and nutritional value of feeds, feed supplements and formulating diets that meet quality performance, animal health and regulatory standards
• Product Diversification/ Raw Material Specification – Researching on effectiveness of dietary regimes/new trends, assessing their relative nutritional and economic value and advising management accordingly in order to expand existing range of animal food products and developing new ones
• Customer Service: Liaising with customers and /or consumers to secure their feedback and specific needs and act accordingly. Provide advice on animal nutrition to farmers, other animal owners, veterinarians etc
• Cost Management – Optimize on animal feed manufacturing techniques by supporting commercial teams in the production and launching of new products.
Key Performance Indicators
• Well documented raw material manual and feeds dietary formulas that meet and exceed customer expectations.
• Continuous improvement on the existing products and expansion of a competitive product range.
• Customer relationship management- customer feedback management mechanism
• Costs within budget.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• assessing the relative nutritional values of various feeds
• supporting the work of agricultural advisers/consultants
• visiting farms
• working with clients to formulate diets that meet their requirements/objectives
• analysing nutritional disorders
• maintaining awareness of technical and scientific developments
o A degree in nutrition, animal/veterinary science.
o Must have at least 3 years of experience in animal husbandry
o Ability to evaluate the chemical and nutritional value of animal feeds, supplements and forage
o Must be able to formulate diet plans and regimes to maximize growth, reproduction and health
o Ability to formulate dedicated, individualized diet plans to meet the specific needs of each animal
o Ability to investigate nutritional disorders in animals and ensure that appropriate diet plans are formulated to address these disorders
o Ability to undertake independent research.
o Ability to communicate with customers.
o IT and numeracy skills.
o Self management and self motivation.
o Ability to write reports and keep good records.