KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES, MEASURES & CONTACTS
- Work with the Irdeto Cyber Security Department to achieve Objective
- Cooperate with other PayTV operators in the fight against piracy
- Co-operate with law enforcement agencies and regulators regarding anti-piracy measures.
- Introduce & maintain anti-piracy awareness among business partners, staff, customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders such as regulators and government agencies.
- Information and evidence gathering related to broadcast and intellectual property piracy in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Assist with and advise on broadcast and intellectual property related piracy information received from Sub Sahara Africa.
- Assist with and advise on broadcast and intellectual property piracy cases pertaining to the Group & Kenya.
- Co-operate with other operators in identifying and addressing broadcast piracy issues.
- Co-operate with Law enforcement agencies in the various markets to prevent and combat piracy
- Drive Anti-Piracy counter measures and action such as raids, criminal and civil litigation.
- Monitor and report any security lapses for implementation
- Supervise the hired guards and ensure that they are conversant and adopt the MCK standards on security expectations and customer orientation.
- Undertake staff training on security and safety awareness campaigns on a regular basis.
- Undertake investigation on both security and fraud matters and liaise with the law enforcement agencies or other institutions as it is deemed expedient.
- Proactively collect intelligence for security and safety of Group assets and mitigation and fraud incidents.
- Testify in court on behalf of the company
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Degree
- 4yrs Experience in relevant field
The incumbent is required to have the following functional competencies:
- Criminal / Civil procedures
- Copyright / Broadcasting Act
- Anti-counterfeit Act
- Court litigation / court witness experience
- Administration knowledge
- Cyber Crime Computer knowledge
- Operate and deployment of electronic counter measures
- Analyzing pirate information via WW internet search engines
- Understanding of different types of piracy
- Encryption technologies knowledge
- Pay Television Billing Systems understanding
- Anti-piracy measures knowledge and understanding
- Pay Television technology understanding
- Legal knowledge
- Group business understanding
- Business process understanding
- Intellectual Property Rights Knowledge
- Broadcasting Piracy Trainer of stakeholders
Applications with subject line “Anti-Piracy and Security Investigator” should be submitted.