Role & Responsibilities
Join the application development team to create solutions through the configuration of SaaS platforms and development of custom features. Support the integration of the different applications.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify the people to people strategy. Global ITS provides a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including country programmes in the strategic design of systems, & delivers services locally where practical to ensure that the day-to-day needs of our GSO & country programme colleagues are met.
The IMpact Programme is an exciting new Medair programme including a portfolio of IT projects that will provide the tools for Medair to: report on impact and indicators at a local and global, programme and sector level; collect and protect our beneficiary data; improve programming quality; create a better user experience for our staff; create operational efficiencies through automating processes and single data-entry points; increase our ability to have end-to-end accountability; and grow our ability for data driven/supported decision making. The Application Development Team is responsible for designing and building these new tools.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global ITS Team. Position located in Nairobi, Kenya. A valid work permit is required.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Translate technical requirements, business workflows and processes into design proposals.
- Configure vendor solutions to meet requirements, implementing reusable components.
- Augment existing vendor systems with new features, connectors and functionality by configuration, customisation and development of micro-services.
- Document system implementation and support enabling business continuity.
- Participate and facilitate agile activities such as scrum events, pair programming.
- Implement agile software development processes.
- Design integrations for simplifying the application landscape.
- Build on the architecture to connect applications, data and micro-services using various technologies from coding to SaaS.
- Document system architecture.
- Develop and support interfaces and connectors to enable interoperability of systems.
- Ensure coherence in data models and information flow between the different systems.
Innovation / Changes
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies related to system integration and interoperability.
- Suggest new and innovative solutions, technologies or designs to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and improve systems stability.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- PSM, PSD or other agile certifications an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 3+ years’ experience in agile software development desired.
- 2+ years’ experience working in system integration.
- Experience working in the field in the Humanitarian Sector – Medair experience preferred.
- Experience working with remote geographically disbursed teams preferred.
- Experience working with Health Information Systems an asset.
- Familiarity with data warehousing, data lakes and data vaults principles.
- Familiarity with Qlik tools for business intelligence, an asset.
- Familiarity with SaaS used for integration.
- Familiarity with the Apache Integration Stack such as Kafka, Nifi and data warehousing solutions.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Familiarity with agile software development.
- Knowledge of integration and interoperability tools and practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Committed to team-building and able to develop, coach and support other team members.