REPUBLIC OF KENYA MIGORI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
28. Architect II JG CPSB 09 -ONE (1) POST REF/MCPSB/279/2020
The officer is to work under the supervision and guidance of the County Director of public works.
Duties and Responsibilities
i. Interpretation of clients’ requirements;
ii. Preparing sketch/scheme designs and producing working drawings/construction details;
iii. Preparation of specification notes and schedules for all types of Architectural buildings;
iv. Ensuring that Engineering and other specialists’ Drawings conform to the Architects’ Drawings;
v. Measurements and preparation of drawings of existing buildings and sites;
vi. Carrying out post contract administration.
vii. Supervising construction works.
Requirements For appointment
i. Be a Kenyan citizen;
ii. Be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from a university recognized in Kenya;
iii. Have proficiency in CAD programs or Certificate of relevant Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution;
iv. Be registered as a graduate member of the Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK) ;
v. Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative ability in the line of duty;
vi. Must have worked in the field for a minimum of 3 years;
vii. Have strong numeracy, financial management and negotiation skills;
viii. Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of integrity, results oriented, and ability to deliver under pressure;
ix. Be conversant with Microsoft Office and other relevant computer based costing and design
xi. Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative ability in the line of duty;
xii. Have met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya; and Public Officer Ethics Act 2003
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.