The role of Area Sales Manager (ASM) will report to Senior Regional Manager, who report to Sr Director International Sales.
Responsibilities include, managing, coaching and developing the distributors for Client in selected area. The ambition is to grow the business by 10%-15% per year for the next 5 years. The tools to deliver this growth are;
- Expand channel coverage for market different channels into Blood Banks, Hospitals, Screening/Public Health and Primary Care,
- Obtaining market access for new additions to the Client product lines, eg. HbA1c & WBC Diff, in line with product development strategy,
- Collaborating with Client Corporate to build effective campaigns,
- Building strong business cases supporting investments in the channel(s).
A deep interest in markets and competitor activities in the region is necessary. This strategically minded manager must possess a good understanding of the diagnostics product market in the region, and has a proven record of balancing demands of multiple internal and external customers.
The manager will utilize problem solving and identify enablers and blockers for success, and suggest effective actions and countermeasures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish coherent and state-of-the art sales strategy and tactics for the area, taking into account competitive intelligence
- Drive top-line through coordination, training and allocation of distributor and field force
- Working collaboratively across functions including marketing, and customer service to manage sales resource demands
- Ensure the development of pre-launch sales plans for all new products within the planning horizon
- Focus on competitor pricing and increasing market share through effective selling to the BB, Hospitals, PC and other segments
- Support products registration & prequalification in the region
- Forecast preparation and reporting, as well leads management
- Formal Education; B. Sc. in biomedical sciences or equivalent.
“Must Have” Competencies / Skills / Experience
- Proven experience in developing innovative sales strategies and experience of managing channel routes to market.
- Results driven, proactive and a systematic, problem-solving oriented way of thinking.
- 3 years’ experience with managing distributors in a developed market.
- 4 years’ experience with sales at Key Account Management (KAM) level of medical devices or diagnostic products.
- 4 years’ experience from Africa (preferably East Africa) health care market
- Can identify performance barriers and timely deliver under challenging circumstances.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, flexible, inter-cultural, global mindset. Experience with being responsible for driving change processes.
- Demonstrated strong strategic and analytical skills as well as solid business acumen, experience in growth achievements.
- High degree of customer focus, strong clinical & technical understanding.
- A highly motivated, high-energy individual with drive, and the ability to respectfully and efficient balance between own and others interest and view of opinions.
- Stress resilient, able to work in a high-pressure environment (but within a respectful, open, and collaborative culture).
- Experience with people management is an advantage.
- Language & Information Technology
- Fluent in verbal and written English, French is an advantage
- An experienced IT user, preferably with solid knowledge of MS Office and MS Outlook.
Travel (required estimated % of time) Able to travel on average 50% of the working time. Flexible schedule.
- A strong self-starter who is competent, creative, innovative, and flexible with a collaborative and results-oriented management style.
- Confident, influential and able to take commercial partners to the next level.
- Capable of working independently and functioning as part of an integrated team.
- Results and bottom line-oriented.
- Comfortable in an international and matrix managed environment with first hand, international experience.
- Process oriented and efficient with numbers.
- Strong presentation skills with excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- An individual of high personal integrity and ethics with uncompromising standards.
WHY IS THIS POSITION AN ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITY?
The Client is expected to grow significantly in the years to come and the MEA region will be one of the drivers in this ambition. The Area Sales Manager position will be central in this by leading the work to optimize sales strategy and channel set up and forcefully execute aggressive growth plans. The position will also support your career advancement ambitions.