The Accounts Assistant is expected to handle the day to day accounting operations of the hotel and be primarily responsible for computing, recording, collecting, analysing, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records of the financial operations of the hotel.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Financial reporting and auditing
• Keep track sales revenues, generate daily revenue reports and send to the Hotel Manager with copy to the Managing Director.
• Cash handling functions for the hotel and reconciliation of all cash collected at the Front Desk based on food sales and sales from other departments like swimming and accommodation etc.
• Ensure timely processing and accuracy of guest bills and invoices.
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports that clearly show revenues generated, expenditures incurred.
• Closely assess all hotel operations and make recommendations on how the hotel can strengthen and improve on cost controls in all departments.
• Recommend and implement procurement policies that will ensure competitive prices for all purchases including supplier contracts.
• Lead the process of menu costing for ala carte, banquets, conferences and all other events to ensure value for money and appropriate pricing. Monitor food production cost and work with the chefs to ensure it remains below 30% across the board.
• Do daily sales reconciliations from the different sources including comparing F&B sales to orders/vouchers generated by waiting staff.
• Ensure proper tracking of complimentary meals and/or accommodation and include this in daily and monthly reports.
• Ensure all departments use departmental requisition books assigned to them for anything required from the store or to be purchased and that these are approved by the Manager or MD before issuing.
• Ensure all cash over Kes 5,000 is banked to the hotel Till number as soon as possible.
• Manage the hotel petty cash by ensuring any amount issued out is accompanied by a signed petty cash voucher and that it is accounted for with receipts or break down of how it was used.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured