ASSISTANT COMMERCIAL OFFICER- ATHIRIVER
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Track all sales activities. Prepare presentations and product samples for prospective clients. Coordinate with team members and other departments to optimize the sales effort. Posting of invoices.
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Job Code (Ref): ACO
Post: Assistant Commercial Officer
1. REPORTING STRUCTURE:
You will report to the CEO and Senior Accountant-Commercial and Planning.
2. THE PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION ARE TO:
- Track all sales activities.
- Prepare presentations and product samples for prospective clients.
- Coordinate with team members and other departments to optimize the sales effort.
- Posting of invoices.
3. IN CARRYING OUT THESE TASKS YOU SHALL FOCUS ON AND PROVIDE INPUT TO:
3.1 Financial Model - Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Forecast future year’s performance based on current performance together with the senior accountant-commercial and planning.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as and when required.
- Continuous update of the company product and financial plan with close supervision from the CEO.
- Forecast future raw material needs and see the roadmap to profitability.
- Work closely with the accounting department to ensure accurate updates of the financial model.
- Assist the senior accountant-commercial and planning in comparing and analyzing actual results with plans, forecasts, and corporate plans.
3.2 Bank reconciliation, online banking, and payment:
- Posting of bank transactions and bank reconciliations.
- Assist initiate online payments and ensure proper documentation and approvals of the same.
- Assist in updating cash requirements daily.
- Assist in the preparation of cheques as and when it is required.
3.3 Tracking of cost and control:
- Monitor all cost centers and recommend ways for cost reduction, better buying, and efficient utilization of resources.
- Analyzing changes in production, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Analyze of costs of raw materials and other supplies and create a cost-benefit analysis for changing vendors.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Review and analyze monthly cost trends.
3.4 Invoicing, Filing, and Audit:
- Post invoices into the accounting system.
- Assist in filing of all statutory deductions (NHIF, NSSF &PAYE).
- Proper filing of accounting and statutory documents.
- Timely provision of audit reports and attendance to the queries.
3.5 When required, perform any other duty that may be reasonably requested.
4. KPIs - YOUR PERFORMANCE SHALL BE MEASURED BY THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Accuracy in budgeting 40%
Cost control 30%
Timely and accurately prepare of ad hoc reports 10%
Financial model 20%
6. INABILITY TO CARRY OUT THESE ROLES
Should any development arise that precludes you from carrying out these duties effectively, or that will prevent finance procedures from being adhered to, immediately inform the senior accountant – commercial & planning or senior accountant – finance & reporting.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured